Reasons why cake is better than icing:)
These views exclusively belong to MARCUS DUDLEY,Director Food & Beverage,Movenpick Hotel,Jumeirah Beach,Dubai as told to Ms.Hina Navin,a Dubai based freelancer, duly published in the Friday Magazine - the weekend supplement that comes along with Gulf News.
Over to the reasons...................................
- My father used to tell me "If you like the look of the icing,you better hope the cake is as good or better." To me that sounds like positive thinking.
- Cake is like life - textured and with different flavors and colors.Icing on the other hand is just plain sweet.
- Eating too much cake only fills you up,but eating too much icing can make you feel sick.
- When the icing's gone you are still left with the cake.
- You cant judge a cake by its icing.And that's a good lesson in life.
- Icing wont keep you warm on a winter's night,but the cake might.
- You think more icing on the cake is better but when you get down to it,you wish you had more of the cake instead.
- When on a diet, you can still eat the cake without the icing and convince yourself that you did the right thing.
- Cakes come in such an amazing variety,while icing is always the same.
- Last but not the least,the icing will melt away but the core - the cake - will stay.
|BOB THE BUILDER|