Step 1: Wash and soak the three ingredients below for about an hour, drain & grind to a coarse thick batter. Less water the better.
- Half cup - Raw rice
- One Fourth cup - Toor Dal ( Split Gram)
- One Fourth cup - Urad Dal ( Split Black Gram)
Step 2: Mix in the following to the batter.
- One fourth cup - Fresh coconut grated
- 4 Green chillies ( or as appropriate)
- 1'' Ginger - Finely chopped
- Curry leaves - a few finely chopped
- Coriander leaves - a few finely chopped
- Hing ( Asafoetida) - Less than a quarter tsp or 2 pinches
- Jeera( Cumin) powder - Less than a quarter tsp or 2 pinches
- Salt to taste
You could compliment it with Mint chutney or tomato ketchup.