Cooking is fun ...so it is to tempt people around you. Smart phones have made life much easier and that means more scope to spread the temptation thro pics .. do not be surprised that I might get killed one day for this ...This recipe came up from one such conversation on Whatsapp Messenger... don't we all love this app??
Vijesh Ram Mohan ,thank you bro for adding such a lovely dish to my kitty.Waiting for more. He is a good cook himself & has mastered this dish many times and suggested I try this.He is not too sure of its source , maybe it isn't as authentic ....nevertheless its finger licking good!! so lets say its Jodhpuri Murg ,"Vijesh style" :)
I had never heard of this until he asked me to take a shot at it & promptly sent me this recipe..
Over to the Ingredients:
Chicken - 1kg
Onion (chopped) - 5 medium
Ginger paste - 2tsp
Garlic paste - 2tsp
Tomatoes pureed - 2
Beaten curd - 4 tbsp
Red chilly powder - 2tsp
Coriander powder - 4 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Garam masala powder - 1/2 tsp
Coriander leaves( chopped) - few
Salt - to taste
Cardamom - 3
Bay leaf - 1
Whole red chilly - 3
Whole pepper - 1/4 tsp
1. Wash chicken in water & pat dry.Keep it aside
2. Heat oil in a pan & add whole spices to it,allow them to crackle.
3. Add chopped onions & cook till they become golden in colour.
4. Add ginger & garlic paste,chilly ,turmeric & coriander powders & salt.Cook on low fire for 5 min.
5. Add fresh tomato puree to the mix & cook till masala is done.
6. Heat some more oil seperately in a kadai & saute chicken with salt,1/4 tsp turmeric,1/2 -3/4 tsp of red chilli pwd.Cook chicken for few minutes.
7. Add masala gravy & beaten curd then cook the chicken on slow fire for 15 min or till it is done.
8. Add garam masala powder & coriander leaves in the end & serve hot.
Note : The only variation I have made to the recipe is by adding 1/4 tsp of kasuri methi and garnished with fried onions. The trick is to fry the onions and the masalas very very well. Try it to believe it !