- 500 gms chicken thighs
- Half a cup fresh coriander chopped
- Quarter cup fresh mint chopped
- Chopped green chillies
- 3 sprigs of curry leaves
- salt as appropriate
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Wash the chicken, marinate them in salt and turmeric - set aside
- Heat oil, add curry leaves first - as they fry in oil add the chopped green chilly
- Saute them well and now add the marinated chicken - let it simmer for about 15 mins,
- Now add the chopped coriander and mint, mix well and keep it covered. Toss the chicken gently in between so that they cook evenly till the water gets absorbed completely.
- Fry the chicken in the oil that oozes out - till it gets evenly browned in all sides.
- Chicken thighs can be replaced with chicken wings/drumsticks / shredded chicken breasts or just plain pieces of chicken
- Green chilly should be used as per taste.
- The quantity of oil could vary- ideally keep it less as chicken has its own fat .
- Quantity of coriander should be more than the mint.
- Chicken could be marinated in a paste of all these ingredients and then fried in oil - that's just an alternative.
I link this post to :
1. The Kerala Kitchen hosted by Fajeeda
2. Christmas Delicacy hosted by Julie