Seriously, I do not recall the source of this recipe,but I have this scribbled on a piece of paper tucked in my books. Without much ado ....over to the recipe.......
1 Cup flour
1 Cup Sugar
Salt as appropriate
1 stick Butter unsalted (100 gms approx)
1.5 Tablespoon Instant Coffee Powder
1/2 Cup hot water
1/4 Cup Buttermilk
1/2 Teaspoon baking Soda
1 Teaspoon Vanilla or White rum
- Mix all the dry ingredients- flour,sugar,salt and baking soda.
- Mix the instant coffee powder in hot water and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a pan and when the butter is completely melted,add the coffee to it and let it simmer for a minute.
- Beat in the egg into the buttermilk.
- Pour the Coffee butter mixture into the dry ingredients in portions and mix well. When its cool add the egg and butter milk mixture. Fold well. The batter would be thin - that's just fine.
- Pour into a greased pan and bake at 180 degrees ( gas oven) for about 45 mins or check till the skewer comes out clean.Valentines day is almost over .........I got my share of chocs from V and my kids picked up gifts for me - a cute lil fridge magnet to add to my collection & a mini book for a Mother :) So overwhelming !! Love not just holds but surely binds people for life.
Linking this to Valentines Day Special by Annz Cafe