French macaron...who doesn't love it? When you make them there are only two ways to it. You either get it right or you don't. There's nothing in between..the pic here is the result of my fifth attempt !! It is a great sense of accomplishment because I have been trying this since Jan 2012..
Swathi and me decided on the French Macarons for the Baking Partners Challenge 7. The choice of recipe was from Martha Stewart. Very simple ingredients and procedures .....the challenge was to get it right. Thanks to every member of the group who duly supported each other with kind words of support , tips and suggestions...even a pat on the back when you get it right.
I have used the Honey buttercream filling here in one batch and the chocolate ganache in another batch.
I have learnt a few things in my trials..........................
1. Get the ingredients right in terms of quality,measurement and at room temperature.
2. Local temperature matters so does humidity etc.
3. Mixing the batter........hmmm.....the trick lies there - not to over do it or undermix it.
4. Every available literature on the internet makes it looks so easy......but reading them helps a great deal. Thanks to each one of them who took pains to document it.
5. Know your oven...........make a choice of temp that suits best for your baking needs,else an oven thermometer should come to your rescue.
6. Amazing patience levels helps too.
7.Invest in a good baking tray..Silpat looks great in every video......I must get one myself. I have learnt two layers of parchment paper stops browning.
8. The variety of fillings available for choice is amazing.....just have to master the art of blending them well.
9.Its true that macarons stored in an air tight container in the refrigerator has an amazing taste..so,be patient.
10.Most of all every time you make macaron its a learning experience.
So much comes to my mind for the moment, will add on more when I indulge into future trials. I can assure you that no matter what there will no wastages - every macaron shell will get eaten up,it tastes that good!
Thank you Baking Partners..Happy Macaroning!!