100 gms unsalted butter
1 Cup Semi sweet chocolate chips
Half cup Granulated sugar
Half cup light brown sugar
Half teaspoon salt( omit if using salted butter)
1 tablespoon Instant coffee powder or Bailey's Irish cream
2 eggs large
1 cup all purpose flour ( levelled)
Chopped nuts of your choice - almonds, walnuts or cashewnuts
Mini white marshmallows about 3/4 cup
- Pre heat oven at 180 degrees. Prepare a square pan lined with wax paper.
- Melt the butter and chocolate chips in a bowl in a microwave or on a double boiler until its clear of all lumps and is smooth and creamy.
- Add white sugar and the brown sugar with the Bailey's Irish Cream and salt and combine well.
- when the mixture is just warm to touch add the eggs and stir well.......never add eggs when the mixture is hot else they would get cooked.
- Add the sieved flour to the mixture and fold well - do not over mix - ensure it is all well combined.
- Mix in the nuts - I have used chopped cashews here.
- Bake for about 20 - 30 minutes. Insert a skewer to check and as for all brownies make sure there are crumbs sticking to the skewer - unlike what we do for cakes where the skewer must come out clean.
- Remove from heat - spread the marshmallows all over do not pack them tight - and put it right back into the oven for 2 minutes. The marshmallows would all swell up and likely to have a tinge of brown. Remove from the oven and set it aside to cool. Cut into squares to serve:)