You will need :
- 2-3 ripe bananas
- 11/4 Cups All purpose flour
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Oil
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 tablespoons yogurt
- A pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/2 teaspoon white rum
- 2 Eggs
- Sieve the dry ingredients - flour,baking powder and baking soda.
- Whisk the eggs,sugar,vanilla & the white rum and the pinch of salt until creamy.
- Fold in the dry ingredients spoon by spoon.
- Grate the bananas directly into the batter and fold gently till they combine well.Do not over do.
- Add the yogurt and fold again.Pour out into the lined muffin pan and set it to bake in a preheated oven at 180 - 190 degrees for about 20 minutes.
I have used the big and small muffin pans. I read somewhere that rum tastes good in a banana cake, the taste is excellent though.
Love the browned looking muffins......
I link this post to :
1.BAKE WITH YOUR HEART hosted by Khushi
2.CHRISTMAS DELICACY hosted by Julie
3. BAKE FEST @ ZESTY PALETTE hosted by Vardhini