Stuff like instant noodles, pasta,upma etc.. usually comes handy when you just don't want to cook anything- yet, a meal on the table is a must. It makes it all the more complicated when one likes this and the other likes something else...........the balancing act is worse than thinking what to cook........lol !!
On one such boring day - I made this pasta with mushrooms......This is quite easy to make and tasty as well.
Since this is one of days of compulsive cooking - the measures are as appropriate to the quantity of pasta...........and the steps are as follows:
- Boil pasta and set aside - don't throw away the water.....
- Shred the boiled chicken breast and just saute them in a pan with some pepper and set aside.
- Pound a tsp of fennel and a tsp of cumin together.
- Heat oil in a wok, add a tsp of fennel-cumin powder.Toss in some chopped garlic,chopped onions and fry well.
- Add sliced mushrooms and some salt and fry well.
- Now add the shredded chicken - add some pepper powder or chilly flakes........toss them all together and then add half a tsp of dried oregano.
- Increase the heat and add the pasta and mix well. If it is too dry - add the water saved from the boiled pasta.
- Garnish with chopped parsley or fresh coriander ( both tastes good) Serve hot !!!!
Additional garnish : Store bought pasta sauce,Alfredo sauce,Tomato & basil sauce, spinach,spring onion,mozzarella cheese or the same baked in white sauce and cheese - The variations are plenty.
However, for a lazy day - this is a good fix for a short, healthy and fulfilling meal as long as it is eaten warm